Who We Are
FRIENDS OF MARSHALL SAS is a nonprofit volunteer organization of concerned and enthusiastic parents dedicated to raising funds in support of the educational activity of the School for Advanced Studies (SAS) program at John Marshall High School.
We collaborate with parents, faculty, and students who support the enrichment of students with knowledge, experience, citizenship, character, achievement and leadership qualities.
Our mission recognizes that the School of Advanced Studies at John Marshall High School provides students with an exemplary college-prep curriculum and the guidance of a highly dedicated faculty team in an urban public school setting.
Friends of Marshall SAS (FMSAS) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization
Where Does The Money Go?
Friends of Marshall SAS helps fund programs that impact each and every student in the SAS. We support the Marshall SAS program in various ways such as:
- purchase enrichment materials that the faculty feel will benefit the students but whose cost exceeds available school funds
- provide increased access for students to participate in educational enrichment opportunities, such as funding for transportation to educational events
- allow faculty and students to respond to opportunities such as field trips or guest speakers
- enhance student recruitment and retention or publication and celebration of student achievements
- provide opportunities for students and parents to communicate such as through the SAS website, a newsletter, or shared events